Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why "Biscuits and Gravy?"

Many of you have asked me this question since starting this blog. I thought I'd explain...

It actually has nothing to do with food. Well, kinda.

A long time ago, when Kim and I first started dating, he had a Sportscenter shirt that said:

Front: Sportscenter. Like biscuits and gravy...

Back: It's all good.

It had a picture of a plate of biscuits and gravy on it. Yum.

He wore it to a work outing, where we were broken up into teams. While brainstorming a team name, I said, "Hey! How about Biscuits and Gravy?" Everyone stood up and broke out into loud applause. Patting me on the back, telling me how brilliant I was for coming up with such a magnificent team name.

Well, not really.

I think they just said, "Yeah. That sounds better than the others." and we went on with it.

So, ever since then, Biscuits and Gravy has been a bit of a side joke for Kim and me. I name my Fantasy Football teams Biscuits and Gravy.

Plus, since we're sorta leading a "team" ourselves here in his crazy house of our's. I had to name this blog Biscuits and Gravy. Well, ok, that's not really why.

Who doesn't like biscuits and gravy, though? Ok, Dustyn doesn't like them. But, everyone except Dustyn does! They're delish!

Oh, that and I couldn't think of anything else to name it.

I guess it's because it truly is all good.

No comments: