Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First day of 1st Grade!

Hi there!
I decided to crawl out of blog hibernation (would that be blogernation?) and post some pics from today. After the craziest summer in a long time, life has finally started calming down and has returned to Somewhat Normal status. Phew!
 
Maybe one day, I'll post about the move. The renovations. The new neighborhood. The recovery from nose surgery. The renovations part deux.
 
Maybe.
 
But, for now, we talk about school! And I can't believe I have two First Graders!!

 
Not just two First Graders, but two six year olds. Look at them... Frick and Frack. Moose & Beans. The Shnizzles. They're growing up so fast!
 
I found this idea with the white board on Pinterest and thought it was super cool. I love copying neat-o parenting ideas from others. Makes me feel like I have my shit together.
 
Well. Ok. Maybe not completely. But enough.
 
As you can see, Connor wants to be a Hair Stylist when he grows up. He is completely serious about this. I'm interested to see if this comes to fruition or if he will change his mind down the road. Only time will tell. But, in typical Connor fashion, he strays from the norm and wants to do his own thing.
 
Fireman? Police officer? Not Connor. He's gonna do hair!
 
Sasha Beans wants to be a Veterinarian and Ballet Teacher. So typical Sasha to pick two careers. One just wouldn't be enough for her. Everything she does in in excess.
 
For example: They occasionaly did maps of the world at their last school. Maps of Europe, the seven continents, North America, whatever. Every child did the assignment, wrote the countries names in the appropriate spaces, etc. But that wasn't good enough for Sasha. She drew mermaids, pirate ships, water waves, and sea creatures around her land.

They are very excited to start First Grade. New school, new friends, new town. It's all so exciting. Their school is a K-5 that has about 500 kids in it. There are 29 students in their class. Their last school had about 28 kids in the entire school. So, it definitely is a big change. For all of us.

Now they have gym class, art class, music class, and Sasha's favorite part...their own desks!

They also will have homework. Fantastic. Homework. I loathed homework as a kid. But when you're a parent, homework is awesome! Amazing! You learn so much! Yea homework!!

I wonder how long I can keep them fooled.

It's going to be an interesting year!

No comments: