Ok, maybe I'm not a "slacker" per se, but geez. The last post was in March? I apologize, my friends.
Let's try to catch you up...
1. Vacation in California was great. I thought Disneyland was crazy and hectic and exhausting, but based on the past few weeks, I was wrong. Way wrong. Disneyland was fun! What we're doing now is crazy and hectic.
It was awesome to see Dustyn, meet his friends and see his place. We spent a lot of time together. The kids loved, loved vacation. And, despite the insane cost of it all, Disneyland was not as bad as I thought it would be.
The first day, we were there for about 13+ hours. We were all very, very tired. And the temperature had dropped significantly once the sun set, so we were also cold. But, we stayed until the fireworks at 9pm. There I was: tired, freezing, every muscle hurt, standing in a large crowd with a bunch of other freezing & tired strangers, holding my 45ish pound daughter in my arms so she could see Tinker Bell fly above Sleeping Beauty's castle & the fireworks. I loathed most everything Disney at this point. And this was only Day 1! But, during the fireworks show, I looked at Sasha's face and it was completely lit up. She was fascinated. She was enjoying herself thoroughly.
It made everything worth it. All the lines we stood in, all the money I spent, being cold and tired and just plain done...all those thoughts went away when I saw my little girl's face. Disney is great!
Even when you wait in line for 90 minutes to see Rapunzel to get her autograph.
2. My surgery was two weeks ago today. It went very well and as planned. He had to pretty much rebuild my nose as the previous doctor made such a mess of it. He took cartilage from both of my ears.
Recovery has been great. The first week was miserable, but after that I got my energy back and have been much better. My swelling was nothing like last time and I had very minor bruises. At my post-op appointment two days ago, they were amazed at how good I look and said I have healed much quicker than they expected. Yea!
On Monday, I go for an ultrasound on my nose. This, along with some steroid shots I have planned in a couple weeks, will help speed up the healing even more and bring the swelling down as well.
Honestly, if you didn't know me, you'd have no idea I even had surgery. So far, so good.
3. We bought a house in Kenosha, WI. It is a beautiful home in a tremendous neighborhood and we got an amazing deal on it. We are currently painting, replacing all the flooring, installing a fence, switching out appliances, cleaning, etc. in there. We move in on 6/23.
4. We didn't sell our house in IL. We decided to rent it out, but as of today, have no tenants. I have a showing planned for Wednesday night. Please cross your fingers and toes that these people work out and move in at the end of June. I really don't want to have two mortgages for a month, two, three....ugh.
5. I did a ton of packing prior to surgery because I knew I'd be laid up for a while. I can't bend or lift too much because it puts too much pressure on my face. We still have a lot of packing to do, but most of it is kitchen, clothes, and the kids toys. I've finished the dining room, bar (we have 4 big boxes of liquor...) a lot of the kitchen, wall decor, etc. Every time we drive to the new house (about 25 min away), we bring more stuff. Our plan is to do all the boxes and have movers take care of the furniture. Let's hope it all goes smoothly. I can't believe we only have THREE WEEKS.
I've come to the conclusion that we are completely insane for planning all of this at the same time. Surgery, recovery, packing, renovations, finding tenants, budgeting everything, and keeping the kids happy and fed...what on earth were we thinking??
It will all be worth it in the end, though.
Keep checking in.
I haven't completely disappeared.
Yet.
xo
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow Lauren you have really been busy. I hope to see you once in a while now that you live even further away. Send a picture of the kids. I haven't seen any new ones in a very long time. I bet they are growing fast. Good luck in your new house. Love you, Aunt Fran
Post a Comment