Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm not even trying.

I have really been neglecting my blogger responsibilities, haven't I? 10 days since my last post?

Pathetic.

For those of you that check here for updates, I apologize. I have no excuse. I am just not making the time to post.

So, let's see....what's new with us?

Well, first off, the kids are finally potty trained. Wooo hooo! Sweet! Awesome! High five! Yippie kiyea! and all that stuff you say when you're happy about something.

Actually, I don't know anyone that says 'yippie kiyea', but whatever. You get my point.

I can confidently go out with them knowing that, odds are, they won't have an accident. I'm fully aware that accidents do happen, at least that's what Elmo says. (For those of you that have watched Elmo Potty Time as much as I have, you'll understand that reference.)

I'm going to take a couple seconds to pat myself on the back for potty training two 2 year olds in a week or so. I totally underestimated how the whole thing would go. It went better than I could have expected.

Pat. Pat. Pat.

Ok, I'm done. We're done. Next subject.

The weather has been awesome lately. High 60F-low 70F and sunny. The kids and I spent almost three whole days outside last week. It feels absolutely wonderful to get out and do things, without bundling up or trying to shield yourself from the chilly wind. It makes rainy, chilly days like today completely bearable.

Well, except for when your roof leaks. Like our's started doing last night. Ugh. This house is only seven years old and we already fixed one leak a couple months ago. Now there's another leak in our bathroom ceiling.

Oh shoot. That reminds me, I need to call the roofer. I must go do that now before things get busier and hairier around here. Connor and Sasha have been at each other's throats a ton lately. I'm seriously considering changing my name since I get called to play referee whenever they get into any kind of tiff.

Do they make yellow toddler flags for parents to throw when their children are fighting? Kinda like in football?

Oh man, that would be great. I could throw a yellow flag and call Unnecessary Roughness on the kids. Or Holding. Or Unsportsman-like Conduct. Or Off-Sides.

I could call it Parenting for Sports Fans.

I think I'm on to something, here.

But I have to call the roofer first.

2 comments:

misstj said...

i love the yellow flag plan! i'm in... now to teach it to them and then market it!!!

sorry about the roof!

Toni C. said...

wow- you're beating yourself up over 10 days... i'm heading on 4 months! I better get back to blogging.

Congrats on the pt!