Monday, October 12, 2009

Aaaaannnd, we're back.

Remember all of the things I mentioned were happening in September?

And how I was completely stressed out because the entire month was going to be absolutely stressful and busy?

Well, September happened. That is why I haven't posted in over a month. September.

Phew.

And, I just realized that we're already halfway through October. I swear, where does the time go?

So, now we're busy with Fall things. Like upcoming Halloween parties, trick-or-treating and sugar rushes.

Connor and Sasha are at an amazing age right now. They understand so much more than they did in previous years. They "get" trick-or-treating and have picked out their own costumes. Connor is a clown. Sasha is Abby Cadabby (a Sesame Street character). I'm very surprised with her choice in costumes considering we don't watch Sesame Street anymore, and haven't in over a year, but whatever. It's her choice and she loves it.

Both of them find the leaves changing completely fascinating. As we drive, they point out all of the colors they see. They cannot wait to rake the leaves and jump in the pile. They mention it nearly every day.

I love how they see the world with fresh eyes. They're excited about everything. Most of us take the change in seasons for granted. In fact, I think a lot of us see Fall as the beginning of the end. For, no matter how beautiful it is, after Fall comes the cold, miserable Winter.

I am very grateful that I have them to slow me down a bit. To appreciate the color of the leaves. Really appreciate them. Sometimes it gets awfully hard to stop and get down on their level to do that. But I really try to do it.

After all, they're only three once. And before I know it, they'll be zipping by, not even paying attention to the color of the leaves.

I want to make the most of each day I get with them while they can still show me how to make the most of my days. Does that make sense?

I promise to post more. Things have begun to settle and I have the time now.
And I owe you some pictures, too.

In the meantime, enjoy the beautiful Fall view you get. It'll be gone before you know it.

No comments: