Today, when I was picking the kids up from school, the skies opened up and dropped sleet all over everything. It began to collect and the ground turned white.
I cried a bit on the inside as I sat in my car hoping I wasn't seeing what I thought I was.
Snow? Sleet? Whatever you want to call it. It was ice falling from the sky. When I walked into the building, the ground crunched under my feet.
Bleh.
We were very fortunate with a beautiful Summer. The temperatures were reasonably mild, with the exception of a few scorching days. We barely had our air conditioning on. I think Mother Nature was playing tricks on us. She gave us a great Summer and, in turn, is giving us a crummy Fall.
It has been cold and rainy. And the lack of sun is very unmotivating. Is that even a word?
It's such a good thing Connor and Sasha have theatre class on Mondays, and preschool on Wednesdays and Fridays because if it weren't for those classes, we would be hibernating already.
Boo.
However, on a positive note, the weather is supposed to be fairly nice this weekend. At least it's not going to rain. We have a Halloween party through my Mom's group on Sunday. I can't wait to see the kids all dressed up in their costumes.
That is, if they survive tonight. Both of them have been up and out of their rooms once already. Sasha is crying again, saying, "I can't put my sheets on." It won't be long until she's out of her room again. And I'm up there...again.
I was going to try to get a run in tonight, but there's no way I can do it now. Not with them still being awake. But, that's ok. I'm getting exercise with all of the running up and down the stairs to tuck them back in.
I guess that's one way of looking at it.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment