Recently, I was talking to a family member about how I used to manage a blog and, once I joined Facebook a couple years ago, stopped blogging. What was the point? Everyone I was communicating to was on Facebook. I was busy and didn't need to post here and there. And, Facebook was new and flashy and more fun than the blog. Facebook won.
So, Biscuits and Gravy got boxed up and shoved in the closet. (For two years??! Time flies, my friends.)
A few months ago, I deactivated my Facebook account. I had no idea how much of an uproar my departure would cause. I was getting emails, private messages, texts, etc. asking why I left and when I'd be returning. I was amazed at how many people said they looked forward to what I posted on there.
Really?
On Facebook??
It's been nearly 3 months and I can say, with 98% certainty, that I am not going back to Facebook. Ever. It got too stressful for me. Unplugging from that site helped me clear my brain and focus on my life. I do not miss it at all.
However, I can see how certain friends and family members would like to hear what's the latest and greatest (or not so greatest) with me, my children, our lives, etc. And, after coming back on here, I remembered how much I enjoyed blogging. So, I decided to pull Biscuits and Gravy out of the closet, brush the dust off, and get this puppy fired up again.
Spread the word.
Biscuits and Gravy is back!
Friday, November 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Yay, your back. I've missed not hearing from you and not seeing pictures of the kids. I bet they are getting so big since I've seen them. What has happened with moving? You need to post some new pic's. Glad to hear from you again. Love ya! Aunt Fran
Wow 2 years? I must be getting old cuz it doesn't seem that long at all...
Welcome back to blogging. I left facebook too, and feel like it was a great move for me. Thanks for sharing your blog link. (ohmyhannah)
Happy to see you blogging again! :)
Post a Comment