Sunday, November 13, 2011

Our weekend

Last night, the kids had their first sleep-over at a friend's house. We had it planned for a while, but I didn't tell them until yesterday at lunchtime. If I had told them any earlier, it would've been ALL they had talked about. Every hour. Every day.

We dropped them off at 5. The excitement and energy levels were so high between the three of them that if we had left without saying goodbye they probably wouldn't have even noticed or cared. It was crazy. If we could have bottled all that energy up, it would've powered whole towns for weeks.

After we left, we went to Kim's favorite restaurant for sushi. He looooves sushi. I'm still trying to figure out what I like. I'm willing to try new things, tho. So, we ordered a couple new things and a couple ones we already know we enjoy. (Squid? Like. Salmon? Bleh.) I love these asparagus beef rolls. OMG. Freakin' heaven. Yeah, they aren't sushi, but they are absolutely delish. I like them so much, I ate an entire order by myself. ::drool::

The best thing about this restaurant is that they are completely aware about preparing things gluten free. They will modify recipes so I can eat it. Like yesterday, instead of putting tempura shrimp in the roll, they put plain shrimp. They have gluten free soy sauce & teriyaki. So, those asparagus beef rolls are made with gluten free teriyaki instead of regular. I don't know if all sushi restaurants are this accommodating, but it makes me so happy to know that I have options. It makes my sushi experience so much more enjoyable.

Today, the kids are staying at their friend's house while Kim and I go to the Bears game. This will be my second game of the year, with one more to go when my friend & her husband come in for the game against the Seahawks in December. Food, booze & football...the best way to end a nice & relaxing weekend. Fingers crossed that they win!

Go Bears!

No comments: