Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's exhausting

I know a lot of you want to see more pictures, especially of the Shnizzles. But, I've a little challenge with that.

I don't have a functional camera.

For at least a year, most (all?) of the pictures I've taken have been with my cell phone. The point-and-shoot camera I bought right before the kids were born has gone kaput. Maybe it needs a new battery, cause the current one doesn't charge. Maybe I dropped it one too many times. Maybe it's just a P.O.S.

I dunno.

Whatever the reason is, it doesn't work. So, there is a long stretch of time - say, the past two years or so - that my children will be virtually photograph-less. Yeah, there is a part of me that feels bad about this. Guilty. Like I should be "that mom" that has my crap together, all my pictures organized, backed up on a zillion extra drives, able to pull one up in the blink of an eye. But I'm not.

My pictures are disorganized. I tried to organize them by month, then year, for a while. But, I think I stopped in 2008ish.

What I need is a program that will automatically take all my pics and organize them for me. With the push of a button. Is there anything out there like that?

Anyway...back to my camera.

Or lack of one.

In order to get pictures on here, I've been emailing them to myself from my cell. Then, I download them from my email onto the computer. Finally, posting them on the blog. Phew. It's a lot of steps and a bit of a pain in the ass. Especially when my brain isn't functioning at 100% Lauren these days.

So, a lot of my posts are going to be without pictures. At least until I get a camera. Which won't be anytime soon. Partially because of the cost of a camera. But, mainly because I don't have a reliable computer to keep them on. (My hunk-o-junk laptop doesn't count. This is my 3rd hard drive. Hate this thing.) AND because I don't have anyone that has time to sit with me and get my butt organized enough so I DO have something reliable.

So, that's that.

I'm in the home stretch of Christmas Decorating 2011. I busted my butt today and got a ton done. Decorations put out. Boxes brought back downstairs. Floors cleaned. Dusted.
I am completely exhausted. But, the house feels somewhat normal now. And this is a very good thing.

Because if it had stayed in that condition much longer, you would've found me hunched in a corner, rocking back and forth, surrounded by dust, dog hair and fake pine needles.

It would've been ugly, I tell ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim told Kyle to pass along that you were blogging again and I'm SOOO glad he did. In a very non-creepy kind of way, I could read your posts like a book. They honestly make me laugh out loud more often than not. Thank you very much for sharing :)