Tuesday, December 2, 2008

We're still here

My Aunt called me today, making sure everything was ok since I hadn't updated the blog. ha!

Yes, everything is fine. I'm just hibernating.

Let's see...what's new?
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We drove an hour south to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner. We love going down there. It's so nice to see everyone. I really wish we lived closer.

Connor and Sasha look forward to seeing everyone, too. Especially Nelson and "Baby Reece", my cousins' sons. It's great to see them play with Nelson, who is 3.5 years old. Reece is only (already?!) 3 months old, so he has a ways to catch up with them. But, I know before we know it, the four of them will be running around together. It's great that they are all so close in age!

I still haven't downloaded my pictures from Thanksgiving. I'll try to get them up here soon.

Today, we made oatmeal raisin cookies. They are yummy. And I don't even like oatmeal raisin cookies!

All, well, ok, most of our Christmas decorations are up. I have yet to decorate the banister or the front porch. Again, it goes along the lines of being motivated when one is hibernating. Kinda hard to do.

The front porch decorations are going to have to wait for a while. We are supposed to get another snow storm tomorrow. Horray! Snow! Then, the temperatures are going to plummet.

Anyone want to buy my house so we can move to Arizona?

Speaking of Christmas and motivation, I have rocked the Christmas shopping this year. I was a shopping maniac last Friday. And I got some sweet deals, too! My two favorite words this time of year are: Free Shipping.

Thank you Amazon.com! Oh, and Kohl's, too.

The only person I have left to shop for is Kim's Dad. We want to get the kids some other things, but they aren't necessary. Just more "Santa" gifts.

Connor and Sasha are starting to understand who Santa Claus is. They get excited when they see pictures of him and say, "Santa Cause!" (They still have a tough time saying their "L's")

They know that he brings presents to good girls and boys. And when I ask them what they want Santa to bring them they say, "Word World book!"

Word World is a show on PBS that they love. It's a great show. Luckily, I found three Word World books on Amazon.

It will be interesting to see if they understand the whole thing on Christmas morning. I can't wait!

No comments: