There are a couple reasons I've been M.I.A. lately.
1. My laptop was acting up and wouldn't turn on. I had to call Dell and, through their wonderful tech support, was able to get it up and running again. Yes, we do have another computer upstairs. But, I rarely go in the office, especially during the day, when I usually update the blog.
2. The kids and I came down with some crazy stomach bug. Saturday night, around 8pm, Sasha started throwing up. Originally, we thought she was just car sick as we had just gotten back home from the mall. But, when the vomiting didn't stop, it was apparent it wasn't car sickness. Around 11pm, she finally stopped.
Then, yesterday morning around 4am, Connor woke up throwing up. That continued every 20 minutes until 8am. And then it was my turn. I was pretty sick most of yesterday.
Luckily, this is a very quick bug that came suddenly and left just as fast.
3. Earlier this week, a friend of mine announced that she miscarried her baby girl. She was almost 24 weeks along. This news completely rocked our circle of friends. It affected me dramatically. And unfortunately, she lives almost 1,000 miles away, in New York.
She has been on my mind all week. So much, that, add this on top of the computer problems and stomach bug, it has been very difficult for me to post anything.
Love you, K.
But...despite all of this, there are some good things going on right now.
Dustyn is coming home tonight!
He's been in California since the end of August, but it feels so much longer. I am very excited to see him and give him a big hug! He'll be here throughout the holidays. He leaves on January 13.
I am very interested to see how the kids react when they see him tomorrow morning.
Most importantly, his flight couldn't arrive at a better time. Yesterday, we got hit with a snow storm, dropping 3-4" of snow on the area. More than 300 flights were cancelled at O'Hare and 50 flights were cancelled at Midway.
Tomorrow, we are supposed to be hit with another storm again. This time, they are predicting 6-8" of snow in our area.* Fun.
Welcome back to Chicago, Dustyn!
*Update: Now, they're saying a foot of snow should fall at the Wisconsin/Illinois border. Right where we are. Sweet.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
sorry ya'll were sick.
big *hugs* to your friend who lost the baby. i've been there (but much earlier in the pregnancy) and it sucks... but i can't imagine losing one now! my thoughts are with her!!
Post a Comment