Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Holy moly

Wow, have I been gone!
Holy smokes!!

To those of you that check here for updates, I apologize for the lack of attention I've given to this blog.

My computer crashed again, a couple days after Dell "fixed" it. So, I've been stuck using the computer upstairs in the office. As I mentioned in my last post, it's not very convenient to come upstairs during the day. And, at night when Kim is home, the last thing I want to do is come upstairs. I want to spend time with my hubby!

I'm sure I could type and type your eyes off with everything that's happened since my last post. I'll try to keep it short and simple. Let's see...

Dustyn came in safely. It's been wonderful having him home. Makes things feel complete, I guess. I remember one day, I was making Christmas cookies, Dustyn was playing with the kids, Christmas music was playing, Kim was home...it seemed so cozy and homey. I took a big sigh and smiled.

It will be really sad when he goes home on the 13th. I'm not sure how Connor and Sasha are going to take it. They don't really understand what California is. And, while they are super smart, it's very hard to describe to a two year old.

Our holiday was very nice. We were able to see everyone on both sides of the family.

The kids understood the concept of Santa Clause more than I expected. It was very exciting! Next year will be very neat.

New Year's was pretty much like every other night around here. First off, Kim and I don't have anyone to watch the kids most nights, especially on NYE. And, we really don't want to be bothered to go out and spend a boat-load of money to be around a bunch of drunk strangers. Then, to top that off, all of our good friends and family live well over an hour away. So, even if we could get a sitter, driving home would be risky w/the potential of drunk drivers.

It's just not worth it.

Plus, I don't think we could stay up much past midnight anyway. Yeah, yeah. Whatever.

So, Happy 2009!! I hope your 2008 was wonderful.

I am looking forward to 2009. We have a couple trips planned, with our annual trek to Tucson being first. This year, we are going at the end of February instead of March. I love this trip and look forward to it very, very much.

We stay with my Aunt and Uncle's house. They're snowbirds and head out West after the New Year. They're on the road to Tucson right now, actually! They come back around May.

Anyway, anyone that knows us knows how badly we want to move to Arizona. If the economy weren't so bad, we'd be out there by now. So, this trip allows us to get a bit of a fix of AZ. I can't wait!

Today, I took Connor and Sasha to their first storytime at the library. In fact, this was the first time they'd ever been to the library. They did pretty well. They loved the storytime. Sasha was participating in all of the songs and hand jestures. Connor just sat there and took it all in, in typical Connor style. He probably looks like he's not having fun, but I know he is. I'm sure after a couple weeks, he'll begin participating. No big deal if he doesn't though. As long as he's enjoying himself.

It was difficult getting them to leave, especially Sasha, Little Miss Party Girl. Again, I hope that after a few weeks of being there, she'll get the routine and won't put too much of a stink up when it's time to leave.

Storytime runs every Tuesday morning at 9:30. It's so good for us to get out and for them to be around other kids. I hope to find more things around the area for them to do.

I don't really make resolutions, per se. But, I am going to really try to get them in more activities in 2009. They are old enough where I can pretty much manage them by myself. In the past it was very difficult.

Anyway, I think that's long enough!
I'll really try to post more often. I know many of you have mentioned that Biscuits and Gravy is getting cold. :)

Have a great week!!

No comments: