I am a procrastinator by nature. And, I think Kim is, too. This doesn't make for a very good combo in our relationship. Most of the time, we put stuff off until it NEEDS to be done.
I still haven't called Dell to fix my laptop.
Why do it when I can use the computer upstairs?
Kim still hasn't built the dart board case that we bought the materials for over 2 years ago.
Why do it when we never play darts anymore?
The dining room table is filled with Christmas decorations, waiting to be put in boxes & stored in the basement.
It'll get done when we get around to it or when people come over. Whichever comes first.
Don't get me wrong. Our house isn't messy. It's actually very tidy for a family with two year old twins and two large dogs. We keep up on the housework. I vacuum about twice a week. (If I don't, dust and dog hair will cover everything.) We pay our bills on time, grocery shop on a regular basis, and all the basic things that make a home a functioning one.
But, there is one thing that we haven't done in a looooooooooong time that NEEDED to be done today. And that is:
Bathe the dogs.
We do general grooming like clipping nails, cleaning ears, giving medicine, etc. on a regular basis. But, we haven't given them actual baths in...well, it's been too long. Let's just say, I don't think they've had baths since Connor and Sasha were born.
Sure, Payton plays in the hose during the warm months. He rolls in the kids' pool when they're done with it. But, we haven't really scrubbed him with soap.
Lexi is so afraid of water, she runs far, far away whenever the hose comes out. And the sprinkler puts her in a panic attack. Poor dog. I'm amazed she even drinks the stuff.
I'm sure by now, most of you are probably completely disgusted with us. Well, whatever. It is what it is. There were other things that became higher priorities. Like bathing the kids. And ourselves. And the cars. Bathing both dogs is such an ordeal, we just kept putting it off.
Anyway, so today I thought it would be a great day to give them their baths. Since Payton LOVES the water, I started with him. He's the easy one.
He jumped in the tub and froze. He hated it! I was amazed! I have never seen him act like that towards water before. I don't know if it's his age or the fact he hasn't had a bath in a while.
Needless to say, the water didn't exactly soak into his fur right away. It kinda rolled off. *sigh* It took a long time to get him wet. I'm guessing because of the oil on his fur.
Once I got him wet and started scrubbing, the amount of fur that came off of him was amazing. I have NEVER seen him shed like this before. It was disgusting. My hands were covered in long, wet dog hair. Amazingly, the water wasn't dirty at all.
When it was all said and done, the bathroom looked like a dog had exploded in it. Well, minus the bloody bits.
His naturally curly fur is back to its bouncy self. He is actually soft again! I think he could probably use another bath, though, because I don't think I got him truly clean, clean.
I never got around to bathing Lexi. She truly is a two-person job. She won't jump in the tub and I can't lift her big butt in there.
I guess we'll have to save that for another day.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment