Kim's car is finally out of the shop. He's been driving the van to work, leaving us without wheels all week. Not that the kids and I are out and about every day, but it's nice to know we can go somewhere if we want to.
Now we can. Yea!
On the way back from dropping him off at the garage, the kids and I stopped for breakfast. Dunkin' Donuts coffee and a bagel for me. Bagel for Sasha. Muffin for Connor.
Yum. Nothin's better than Dunkin's coffee first thing in the morning.
The kids both slept through the night last night. Without a single wake up yell. Nobody lost their bear. Nobody wanted to be tucked back in because their covers fell off. All four of us slept ALL NIGHT LONG.
Just like Lionel Richie. Although he wasn't sleeping, was he?
I seriously cannot remember the last time this happened. It was getting extremely frustrating and exhausting. This is such a good thing.
A couple days ago, we finished Sasha's room and moved her and her belongings in there. At first, she was really freaked out once she realized that she really was sleeping in there. Funny thing is, I had been so focused on Connor and how he'd feel about the whole thing, it never dawned on me that Sasha would be the upset one. I just assumed she'd be excited to have a new room and he'd feel like he was getting the shaft. Once again, they prove me wrong. They've been doing this before they were born.
Connor was so happy to have a new comforter with an alphabet on it. That's all he needed. I think Sasha felt like she was getting kicked out of her room. She understood that she had a new room and new comforter and stuff, she loves her room, but I don't think she wanted to be away from Connor.
Once we got her calmed down, she was fine. We haven't had any issues with it since.
And, bedtime has been much better. Once we tuck them in, they pretty much go to sleep. No more partying or goofing off. Such a good thing!
This move was very hard on me. I'm still trying to get used to it. The two of them have always been a pair, a team, inseparable. It was sad when I was cleaning out the closet, moving her things to her new room and packing up their baby stuff.
This change has been more difficult on me than any other change they've gone through.
But, all in all, I'd say it's a good thing, too.
Hope you have some good things in your life today.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment