Sunday, January 8, 2012

Winter & Cars

Last night, Kim decided to start a fire. It's our first one of the season and the kids were soooo excited about it. They enthusiastically helped bring in some logs and Connor said,

Can we make some hot cocoa and sit in front of the fire??!!

We skipped the hot cocoa since it was literally right before bedtime and pumping my children full of sugar minutes before expecting them to fall asleep isn't something I tend to do. So, they took a blanket and laid down next to each other, enjoying the fire.

It's amazing that it is January 8 and this is our first fire this winter. We've really lucked out with the weather this year. Today, it's going to be 40*! 50* on Tuesday!

In January!

In CHICAGO!!

Fingers crossed it stays like this. But, having lived in Chicago for nearly 35 years I'm not holding my breath. I know better.

More on the car...
Yesterday, we took the car seats out of the van and put them in Kim's car. It wasn't nearly as squished as I had thought it would be. After running some errands, it appears the main issue is getting the kids used to opening and closing the doors. Connor & Sasha are used to automatic doors. Push a button and get out/in. Simple.

Having to open heavy doors without bashing them into cars next to us in the parking lot and closing them completely is going to take some practice.

Kim and I weighed the pros and cons and I'm pretty sure we've decided to get rid of the van. Now that we've made that decision, I'm itching to go car shopping!

No comments: