Friday, January 6, 2012

Hi there

I haven't forgotten about you guys! I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things after the holidays.

It's funny how everything is so rush rush rush up until Christmas and then it comes to a screeching halt. Well, at least that's how it went with us. After Christmas Eve at our house with my family, we pretty much just sat around and did nothing until this past Wednesday.

Sure, we ran errands. Kim took the kids to a couple movies. We met up with some friends. But, the rest of the time we just hung out at the house. It was kinda like we were on slo-mo on the life DVR. (Obviously, the life DVR doesn't rewind or even exist, actually, but you catch my drift. ... Stick with me, people.)

So when life starts up again, zipping all around you, but your body and brain are still on slo-mo, it makes it really hard to catch up. Going back to school, work, chores, etc. are a bit more challenging than they typically are. Or should be.

I feel like I need a V8 or something. Or maybe one of those 5 hour energy drinks. Something to kick me in the butt and get this Christmas stuff put away!!

Alllll that work just to put it away a month later.

sigh

Did you have a good holiday? New Years?

Do you make resolutions?

I don't really make resolutions, just goals. Another To Do list, if you will.
So far, I have:

1. Go running after dropping off the kids at school.
I need to run again. I love it. I miss it. It's such a great stress relief and I feel amazing when I'm done.
Plus, completing a half marathon has been a goal of mine for a long time. I'd love to accomplish it this year.

2. Get the house ready to go back on the market.
The first step to this is to put the Christmas decorations away. So, yeah...
Also in this category: get carpets cleaned, organize basement & closets (it's amazing how one family can accumulate so much stuff.), spot paint any nicks in the walls.
I'm sure there's more.

3. Redecorate Connor's room.
This kinda stems off of #2. Besides, he really wants his room redone and I can't blame him. It's the same yellow and blue with fish that we put in when they were born. I'm not going all out since we are planning on moving. But, since we ARE planning on moving and want to sell sooner rather than later, it would be nice to have it more neutral anyway.

4. Plan a trip to Disneyland.
Yeah, that's right. I said DisneyLAND. Whenever I say we're going there instead of the biggie: Disney WORLD, everyone questions it.

"Wait. DisneyLAND?? Not Florida?"

Yes. We aren't going to Disney World. For many reasons. The main one being is that it's in California, very close to Dustyn, and we can see him when we go out there. Can't do that in Florida.


I just read my list and it's already starting to overwhelm me. Holy smokes. That's a lot of stuff. And, it's all gotta be done well before April, when Spring Break starts.

I've also been toying around with the idea of getting rid of the van and buying a car instead. So, there's that, too.

Ugh.

I guess I better press Play on the life DVR and get out of slo-mo.

Pronto.

No comments: