Monday, January 30, 2012

Memory Lane

Connor's room is finished. Walls painted, furniture and toys moved back in, curtains and closet doors up. Done. Pictures to come.

I sorted thru his closet to get rid of some clutter. In it, I found a hat box crammed with pictures, tiny booties, tiny onesies, ultrasound pictures, and all sorts of baby stuff.

Just what I wanted to see after getting all sentimental about painting over the baby stuff and giving my son a more grown-up looking room!

Sigh.

Here are some of the things I found. I hope you find them as sweet as I do.

Connor & Sasha were born on 9/2/06. Six weeks before their due date. They spent 11 days in the hospital (or "hostibal", if you're Sasha) after they were born. They needed to figure out how to suck/eat and regulate their own temperature before they could come home.

Here are my little twins, just a couple days old.

Connor already looks like an old wise man. This only progressed as he got older. I'll never forget how long his fingers were!

Here is one of Sasha's preemie-sized onesies:

I put it up to the light switch to put the size into perspective. (And, you can see the new color of Connor's room!) The kids were so small, Preemie clothes were HUGE on them.

I knew they were tiny back then, but I didn't realize just HOW small they were. Looking at these Preemie clothes always amazes me. Especially now that they're both in size 6 and are in 90-95% in height and weight.

Then I found these:

OH. MY. GOD!! Look at those eyes!! Those pigtails!! Isn't she the sweetest thing EVER??!!

This was at their first trip to the dentist. They were about 19 months old.


I miss my little Moose man. He was so squishy and cuddly, like a little koala bear. He still loves to wear hats. He's got one on right now, actually. Thankfully, he still loves to cuddle, too.

It's amazing how you really don't appreciate the simple things until they are gone. The chubby cheeks. The wobbly little walks they had before they really got their balance.

I know that 4 years from now, when my kids are NINE!!, I will look at pictures of them now and miss these days.

Like days when Sasha wears these glow-in-the-dark glasses. All. Day. Long. Even in the grocery store. I love how quirky this child is.

And when Connor comes up to me with whatever his Creation du Jour is. Because now he truly cares about my opinion and wants to share EVERYTHING with me.

Five is a great age. But, really, they're all great ages. Sure, each one has their challenges. Everyone has their little catch phrases for them: Terrible Three's, Fucking Four's, etc. But, that misery (and, yes, it IS misery at times!!) is short-lived. The good is what you remember most.

2 comments:

Valerie23 said...

This made me smile. :)

Laney said...

Oh wow, I love your memory lane! Those are the littles that I remember! I totally remember that picture of them with those little "mustaches." aaaaah I just love it.
PS - please do not talk about the age nine being in a mere 4 years. NOOOOOOO!!!