It's so crazy with work, bills, household chores, family issues, parties, things to do, people to see, blah, blah, blah. Then add two large dogs, a husband, a 23yo step son and 5yo twins and things get reeeally crazy.
Now, put all that craziness into the holidays and you've got a great reason to crack open a bottle. Or at least pop a Xanax.
Or both. (yes, Angela. I said it!)
Yesterday, I had to take the kids to their eye doctor appointments, pick out and order (and pay for!!) new glasses for Connor, hit the post office to mail a package, find time to feed my offspring, cook dinner, clean the house, etc. Needless to say, by the time the kids were in bed, I had no energy to wrap any gifts.
I will wrap tonight! After Sasha's ballet class, dinner & kids' bedtime, that is.
I've decided this year we are going to send Happy New Year cards. Maybe. There just isn't enough time to get cards made and mailed before Christmas. I tried to take pictures, but they didn't turn out too swell. Remember, my camera is dead.
Well, it WAS dead until Kim decided to buy a new battery for it! So, as of today it works! Yea!
Anyway, if you've been waiting for our holiday card, you should stop. Don't worry that you haven't received one. We didn't forget you or leave you off the mailing list. I just haven't mailed any. And, honestly, I'm not sure if I will. Especially since we just decided that after the holidays the house is going back on the market. There will be lots to do to prepare for that. So, stay tuned about the cards.
Ugh. Busy, busy.
Good-busy, but still busy. And, sometimes it's difficult to stop and breathe and focus on the little things that matter. The things that really make you smile and laugh.
Thankfully, I have my children to remind me. I ran into this when I walked into the bathroom yesterday:
Connor thought the snowmen would "look funny wearing marshmallow hats".I love that kid. He has such a sense of humor and is a little prankster. And, since he's so quiet, he's a really sneaky prankster.
I saw this and burst out laughing. It was a great reminder that I need to add "laughter" to my To Do list.
Make sure you add it, too.


1 comment:
Love the marshmallow hats - and I love the add laughter to your to-do list. I think I will steal that one. Happy New Year!
btw - I see why you love England so much, but man is that place expensive!!
Post a Comment