Sunday, December 11, 2011

Getting better. Slowly.

Well, the sandwich tasted ok, but didn't sit well. My stomach felt like I had swallowed a bunch of hot nails. I couldn't finish it. I was doubled over in pain.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm still sick or because I haven't eaten anything, or maybe both, but when I eat and drink, it hurts. A lot.

The good news is that my energy level is somewhat back to normal. Granted, I have been sleeping like crazy, but still. At least I don't have to stay in bed all. day. long. Like I did Thursday and Friday.

The kids go back to school tomorrow and I have to get better soon. Lunches need to be made. The house needs a (serious) cleaning. Presents need to be wrapped and a few still need to be purchased. I have to start planning the meal for Christmas Eve. I HAVE to work on the contract for my Mom's Weekend next year. I've been voluntold to coordinate the trip. Oy.

So much to do. So little time. Sooooo, don't need to be sick right now.

I know things could be worse. I could be in hospital battling a life-threatening disease. Or have a child in hospital. The flu is nothing compared to what some people are dealing with.

I just have to keep reminding myself to look at the big picture. All the things I have to worry about are good things, actually.

Planning the Christmas Eve meal? Some people don't even get a meal on a Tuesday, let alone Christmas Eve.

Clean the house? There are tons of people living on the streets that would love to have a home to clean.

Plan a weekend away with my friends? Yeah. That too.


I think I'm starting to feel better now.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I think you need to come over and sterilize that flu bug with some good old-fashioned alcohol! Finals are over tomorrow and I can't wait to see you. WOOT WOOT!!!