Saturday, December 10, 2011

Blerg

I've got the flu.

Blerg.

It hit me like a ton of bricks Thursday morning. At first, I thought my symptoms were from the previous night's dinner not sitting well with me, but as the day went on and my fever went up to 103*, including chills, body aches and major fatigue, I decided it was, in fact, the flu.

Crap.

I stayed in bed ALLLL Thursday. Well. That is, when I wasn't in the bathroom throwing up. Or lying on the bathroom floor in pain.

Ugh. I felt like I was dying. I could barely stand. I was so dehydrated. I still am, actually, but not nearly as bad as before. I'm getting there.

Since Wednesday night, I've only eaten:
4 bites of buttered noodles
1/2 small baked potato
A few more bites of mac & cheese
1/2 a bagel...well, maybe 1/2-ish.

I haven't thrown up since 4am Friday morning, so I'm going to guess the worse has passed. My fever was gone when I checked this morning. The only thing I want to eat is Jimmy John's, for some reason. So, Kim is going to get us some for dinner. (An Unwich for me)

I've no idea if it'll sit well with me or even stay down, but it's the only thing I have a taste for. (Of all things!)

Fingers crossed.

Oh, and fingers AND toes crossed that nobody else in my circus get this!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your flu is gone. Sounds like you got hit very hard. I'm thinking of you sweetie. Hugs! Aunt Fran