Sunday, November 23, 2008

Backfire

Lately, the kids take great pride in being called "big girl" or "big boy."
You know...

"Wow, Connor! You got dressed all by yourself! What a big boy!"
"You peed on the potty, Sasha! Awesome! You're such a big girl!"

...and so on.

Connor has even begun calling himself a big boy. "No, Connor do it. Big boy."

One day, he wanted to play with his alphabet cards.

I told him:
"You can play with the alphabet cards if you clean up the other mess you made this morning."

He looked at the pile of toys, obviously not wanting to clean it up.

"Come on, Connor. Be a big boy and clean up your toys."

To which he very quickly replied:
"Mommy ceen up. Big girl."

He got me there.

His tactic didn't work.
But, he totally got me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! Your kids are so cute!!! That sounds like Emery at dinner. "I am growing bigger." Yes, Emery, you are. "You're growing bigger too, mama!" I gotta break out those work out videos. Sigh!

Gabrielle said...

Okay, Lauren and Jill....thanks for the laughs. Can't wait til Gabrielle is that funny.