Yesterday, we had some friends & family over to watch the Bears lose horribly to the Packers (37-3). Unfortunately, about half of the people that planned on coming came down with colds. So, we only had a handful of people and a ton of food. Boy, do we have the food leftover.
If you're in the neighborhood and hungry. Stop by. I will feed you.
My friend Valerie and her family came over. I got to meet her beautiful daughter, Amarah. She's not even two weeks old. It's amazing how small and squeaky they are at that age. You truly forget.
Her big brother, Addison is a couple months older than Connor and Sasha. The kids love Addison. They don't have very many friends their age and I think they really enjoy having someone their size to play with. So, whenever Addison's name is mentioned, they get excited.
What's even nicer is that they live about 2 minutes away. It takes me longer to load the kids in the car than it does to drive to their house. Our friends and family live no less than 35 minutes away, most of them being over an hour away. So, I was really happy to find a friend that lives so close.
Anyway, because of the game and all the excitement with having people over, Connor and Sasha didn't get down for their nap until 3:00p. Normally, they are down around 1:30p, no later than 2:00p. They slept until 5:30p, which pushed their bedtime further out. By the time we walked out of their room after tucking them in it was 8:20p. *sigh* I think they fell asleep by 9pm-ish.
I can't speak for other children, but I know that when my kids go down later, they wake earlier. If they get to bed earlier, they'll sleep in. You'd think it would be the other way around, but no sirree.
So, Kim and I try to get them in bed no later than 7:30p. Every now and then, they'll be in bed by 6:45p. This will pretty much guarantee they'll sleep until 7:00a the next morning.
However, since they went to sleep after 9p last night, they woke up bright an early at 4:11a. I know the exact time because I clearly remember looking at my clock and thinking, "You've got to be kidding me." I wasn't completely shocked that they had woken up early. I pretty much expected it. But 4am?! That was a surprise.
Luckily, they eventually went back to sleep. That is, until 4:48a when Connor realized he couldn't find Bear.
Aaaahhh, Bear. One day, I'll have a post devoted entirely to Bear. He's a major part of this family. I'm not sure how Connor would function without him.
So, at 4:48a, I heard a tired, whiney, little boy say:
"Mooooommmmeeeee, Bear! Moooooommmeeee, Beaaaarrr!"
I dragged my sleepy butt out of bed, found Bear (who was about 6" from Connor, BTW), tucked him back in, told Sasha to go back to sleep and shuffled back to my own, warm bed.
I think they woke up again around 5:30a, but the memory isn't clear enough to say for certain.
It wasn't until 7:15a that I was sure they were up for the day. They had begun playing in their room, emptying all their jammies from their dresser onto the floor. When I went in there, Connor took a handful of clothes and said, "Look Mommy. A house." Then, he chucked it in a pile and built his "house".
Gotta love the imagination of a two year old.
We hadn't even eaten breakfast and Connor begain whining, "I'm tiiiiired."
Uh, yeah, no kidding. You woke at the butt crack of dawn, dude.
Ok, I didn't really say that to him. I don't need my kids walking around saying "butt crack" (esp. now that Sasha calls Connor 'Booger Boy'. Where do they come up with these things?!), but I definitely thought it.
Needless to say, they are currently napping. We've stayed in our jammies all day, watching television. They're tired. I'm tired. It's cold outside. (Currently 34F. A low of 18F.)
It looks really nice out, though. This morning the sun was shining. Connor kept asking me if we could go outside and play. I don't think he completely understood when I said, "No, baby. It's cold outside."
So, I brought him to the patio door, opened it and had him stand there. It took about 10 seconds before he said, "It's cold outside."
No kidding!
After that, he was perfectly fine with staying in the house. I did the same thing to Sasha. She was a bit braver and actually walked out on the deck. But, she quickly headed back into the house, shivering a bit.
Looks like I have two warm-weather lovers on my hands! Yea! I don't want to go in the cold either! I'm glad they'd rather be inside than outside freezing.
See? This is just another reason we're meant to move to Arizona. It's currently 81F in Phoenix. With a low of 54F.
Now, that I can handle!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment