Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween hangover

Connor and Sasha had a lot of fun trick-or-treating last night. Although, at the first house, when our neighbor came to the door, Connor completely freaked out and said, "Noooo chick or cheek!!"

He wanted out of there, fast. By the second house, he was over his phobia and acted like an old pro. Phew.

We walked around for about an hour, which is a lot when you're only two! Their buckets were so full 3/4 of the way through, Kim emptied them into a bag he brought with. This way, they could still carry their buckets and they wouldn't be heavy. That Kim's always thinkin', I tell ya.

Unfortunately, they did not want to sit together and pose for a picture. So, all the shots I got are solo.

Here's Connor waiting for Sasha to finish getting ready.
Better get used to it, buddy. The 'waiting for a woman thing' has just begun.

Isn't he an adorable bumblebee? The antennae crack me up. My friend, Kim, made those!

Hello, Mr. Pumpkin. Happy Haween!
I know he's really just trying to figure out how that thing works.

And, Sasha Bean, our little flower. She was NOT going to pose for any pictures. Maybe she was having a bad hair day, I dunno. But, she wasn't feelin' it.
Walking w/her Daddy.

After trick-or-treating, we came home and chowed on some greasy pizza for dinner. You know, something to soak up all the candy and sugar in our stomachs.

We did baths, pj's and brushed their teeth, then headed back downstairs to watch, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."

They brought their blankets, Darby (Sasha's doll) and Bear (Connor's teddy) downstairs and the four of us cuddled on the couch, turned off the lights and watched the show.

Today, Kim and I were saying that we think we just started a Halloween tradition. Love it!

I took this picture this morning. Sasha was wearing her princess crown while coloring. Check out that crazy hair! And, this was after a good brushing!

Since we've had all this talk about sweet stuff, I thought I'd post pics of two things I baked recently.

This is Kim's birthday cake - The spiced pumpkin w/raisin & coconut with rum cream cheese icing on top. Kim and the kids loved it, I wasn't a fan. It was fun to make, though!

Today, I made malted milk ball cupcakes. I figured it was a good way to get rid of the Whoppers in the house.
These are awesome, and I'm not even a fan of chocolate.

If you have any Whoppers left over from your Halloween festivities, I highly suggest making these. They are delish. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Hope you had a safe and fun Halloween!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aww aren't they so cute.
Great job on those goodies. You're making me hungry.