Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Friday

Yea! It's Friday!

Friday the 13th, that is.

While I am a superstitious person, any Friday that lands on the 13th of the month doesn't frighten me. It's just another day until someone proves me wrong.

We have a great weekend planned.

Tomorrow, we are meeting my cousins and their families for lunch. We haven't seen them since Christmas & were supposed to get together for the Super Bowl, but that's around when the Cold From Hell started. Part of me is nervous about going out. Like I mentioned before, I kinda want to keep everyone inside until we leave for the airport next Friday. But, not only is that unrealistic, but it's also pretty mean to keep the kids cooped up that long. They'd be animals on the flight.

So, tomorrow's lunch will include a lot more disinfecting of the restaurant table and hand cleaning than normal. Fingers crossed nobody gets sick!

Then, on Sunday I am taking Sasha for her third hair cut. I take her to my stylist. Which, believe it or not, ends up being cheaper than going to HairCrafters or whatever. All week, Sasha has been talking about getting her hair cut. She is very excited to see "Mowwy" (Molly)

"Me go wif Mommy to get my hair cut. You go wif Daddy to get you hair cut," she says to Connor.

Yes, Connor is getting his hair cut, too. Kim normally takes him. It's their "guy time".

Not long ago, Kim and I decided we'd try to split the kids up more often to give them some one-on-one time with us. Mainly, Sasha with me and Connor with Kim.

Normally, Connor is all about Mommy and, you guessed it, Sasha is all about Daddy. We think that splitting them up every now and then for things like hair cuts will give them some bonding time and show them that the other parent isn't actually half bad.

So far, it seems to be working. Neither one of them has thrown a fits for the "preferred parent" to brush his/her teeth or whatever. They went through a really bad phase for a while, especially Connor. I was the only one that could do anything for him. It was heartbreaking for Kim.

Every now and then, Connor will throw out a, "No, Mommy do it." But, luckily, they're getting fewer and further between.

Anyway, that's what we have planned for this weekend. Should be a nice and relaxing one.

Now I'm off to continue my To Do/To Pack list for the trip!
7 days left!

No comments: