Hello readers.
I would like to take a few minutes of your day to remind you of the importance of updating your information on your pet's tags. You never know when some punk, um....person, that is, might come by and open the gate to your yard, allowing your dogs to run free while you're feeding your children breakfast.
If their tags are updated, your neighbor can call you and tell you they found your dogs & that they've jumped on a school bus for a ride.
I know this, obviously, from personal experience as this happened to me yesterday morning. Luckily, we keep the dogs' tags updated with our home and cell numbers. We've found no need to put our address on there. Nobody is going to look up your address and bring your dog back to you. They're gonna call.
Anyway, I can only imagine what the parents, students and bus driver thought when two large dogs, one with a muzzle*, came barreling down the street and onto the bus.
So, what did I do, you might be asking?
Well, I did what I probably shouldn't have done. When I got the call, I hopped in the van and drove down the block to get the dogs. I left the kids in the kitchen with their cereal & told them to stay there and eat.
I know, I know...tsk, tsk. Shame on me for leaving my kids alone in the house for 2 minutes. What else was I supposed to do?
It would have taken me 10 minutes just to bundle up my extremely sick children, bring them out in single-degree temps, buckle them in their car seats and drive down the block. Seriously, I could have walked to get the dogs faster than it would have taken me to load up the troops & drive there.
I had to make a quick decision and that's the one I made.
When I came back with the dogs, Connor and Sasha were still sitting at the kitchen table, eating their cereal.
Then, I went outside and locked the gate. Grrrrrr....
*Lexi wears a muzzle to prevent her from eating rocks and other objects in the yard. Not because she's dangerous.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
oh my.... what a fun morning!! what a stinky trick to let the dogs out.
and while it's not the "proper" thing to do maybe, i think i woulda done the same thing and left the kids home (locked in)... but i'm pretty sure my two wouldn't still have been at the table eating.... they would have unlocked the door and come looking for me and the dogs!!!
glad everyone is safe, and hope the kids are better sooN!
Post a Comment