Thursday, February 19, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

This song has been running through my head for the past couple days.

Today has been a busy day full of packing, sorting, laundry, dishes, charging ipods, checking lists, checking them again, and packing some more. All while keeping two year old twins entertained. What's a mom to do?

The answer my friends is: TV.

I hate to admit it, but it's the truth. Television has been babysitting my kids today.

I'm not one of those parents that really likes them watching tv. It totally bothers me, unless it's educational, that is. Lately, I've been able to keep them to one hour of tv a day.

Most of the stuff out there is complete garbage. And, while I do let them watch some of it, it irritates me that I do. But, on a day like today when I'm busier than normal and things have to be done today, the television is on for most of the day.

I kept the family room tv on, along with the one in our bedroom. At one point, Connor was laying on our bed watching something, while Sasha was downstairs watching the exact same thing.

Waste of energy? Yes.
Whatever. They were happy, out of danger, and I was able to be productive.

So, productive, in fact, that I don't have much to do now. That's why I'm able to write this post. The only things I have left to pack are last minute items: baby monitor, toiletries,....well, that's about it, actually. (Do I have this travelling with kids thing down or what?!)

Therefore, I think I'm going to take a lovely nap.

Oh, I have to vacuum and clean up the kids' game room. But that stuff needs to wait until later in the day or it's completely pointless. I'll pick it up just for them to trash it five minutes later.

I won't be posting anything all day tomorrow but, I'll try to get on a couple times during the trip and fill you in on how things are going.

Take care!

Oh, I just want to add that I don't judge anyone that allows their children to watch television. Not at all. It's just that I'd rather have my kids do something else other than that. For me, tv should be a treat, not the norm.

No comments: