This morning, at 6:30, I was laying in bed listening to the kids talk to each other, hoping they'd go back to sleep, but knowing it was never going to happen.
I love listening to them converse in their beds. They crack us up. It's almost like having your best friend sleep over every night. Well, until Connor irritates the tar (did I just write 'tar'?) out of Sasha and they get into a huge argument.
Normally, this involves Connor saying one word over and over, knowing Sasha is bothered by it. It would go something like this:
C: Mushrooms.
S: No mushrooms.
C: Mushrooms.
S: NO mushrooms!
C: Mushrooms.
S: NOOOOO MUSHROOMS!!
C: Mushrooms.
S: STOP CONNA!
C: Mushrooms.
S: STOOOOP!! NOOOO MUSHROOOMSS!!
...Brief pause...
C: Mushrooms (he just has to get that last dig in)
S: MOOOOOOOMMMMYYY!!
Granted, this doesn't happen every day, but at least a few times a week. The rest of the time, they crack each other up. We love listening to it.
So, anyway, back to my story...
I was in bed, listening to them, when I heard Connor knock on the door. I could tell it was Connor because Sasha has a softer knock.
Seriously.
Then, the door handle began to jiggle. Or shake. Or whatever. I guess a door handle doesn't exactly jiggle, does it?
Anyway, next thing I knew, MY bedroom door handle was jiggling! And, in a blink of an eye, both of the kids were walking into my bedroom.
Dang kid figured out how to open doors.
Needless to say, I dropped a few F-Bombs in my head. I was hoping they would leave this one for when they were, say, ten or so. No, seriously, I think we've been lucky that they didn't figure it out sooner. I mean, they are 2.5.
Kim is all ready to turn the doorknobs around so the lock is on the outside. We'll lock those suckers in! hee, hee, hee. (Did you hear my evil Mom laugh?)
But, I think we should wait and see what happens. It'll be interesting to see what Connor does now that he's got all of this knowledge and freedom.
I'll keep you updated.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Shane and I were cracking up at this post! Our kids have the exact same "conversations" and we could just totally relate!
Good luck with the door thing... bwa ha ha.
Yup -- we have the early morning talk show at our house, too. for the last couple days it has centered around Elmo. Strange ...
We're still in cribs, so crib tents keep the kiddos in bed so Mommy and Daddy don't get interrupted! I think we'll use them until they are 18. :-)
Gabrielle figured out how to open the FRONT door about a month after we moved back into our new home. Can you say TROUBLE? I think you should be glad it was only 2 1/2 !! Love the sweet conversations.
Post a Comment