Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We now return to our regularly scheduled life

We're back from Tucson.

I had every intention of posting something while out there. I even started a post. But, somehow, it never got finished. Oh well.

Our trip was wonderful. Both of our flights were smooth. The kids travelled really well. I think Kim and I have this 'travelling with kids' thing down pat. What to do, what to pack, etc. After four trips with them in less than three years, it's almost second hand. And the older they get, the easier it is.

We didn't do too much on vacation. Partly because we're all trying to save money rather than spend it, but also because we've been out there every year for 5 or 6 years now. There's only so many times you can go to Old Tucson or the Tucson Zoo. Plus, with Sasha being as car-sick prone as she is, we try to limit our road trips. It kinda limits our destinations.

But, it's not really about what you do as much as who you do it with, right? We were there to visit my family. My Aunt and Uncle from England were there during our stay. It's always great to see them. Dustyn and his friend/roommate, Josh, came down to visit for a day or so. Connor and Sasha were soooooo happy to see him!

We did get a baseball game in. The White Sox played the Diamondbacks. It was 73F and sunny. An absolutely beautiful day, especially for a ballgame. (The Sox won 10-1, by the way.)

We did some shopping, sitting in the sun, taking the kids to the park, and a lot of eating and drinking. Oh, and more eating.

Ugh. I gained 7lbs in the past 10 days. 7lbs!! That's almost a pound a day. Geez. Talk about overdoing it!

So, now I'm on vacation detox. Less food. Less alcohol. And hopefully less weight. Because even though it is only 20F right now (88F in Tucson. Aaaaaahh!), warm weather is going to be here soon and those shorts are going to have to come out eventually. So, back on the wagon I go.

I have a handful of pictures to post. I'll try to get them downloaded sometime in the next couple days.

1 comment:

Got Triplets? said...

Pictures -- we want pictures!!!!!