Friday, March 6, 2009

Sasha's new talents

The other day, Sasha started writing her letters. It began with the letter "P".

First go down...then around!

I heard her say this a couple times before I paid any attention to it. When I looked down, I saw all of these letter "P's".

Look, Mommy! P!

I was so proud of her!!

So, since then, I've been working with her on writing her letters. She is really interested in learning and practicing. She has: P, R, B, E, F, O, Q down pretty well. Connor will help her, too. He's such a good coach.

She also has recently begun drawing very realistic pictures of people. Well, as realistic as a 2.5 year old can do, that is.

She starts with a head, then draws two eyes, two ears, a nose, a mouth, two cheeks, a chin and some hair. Everything is pretty much in the correct place, too. Then, she draws two arms and two legs off the head. She'll add hands, feet & knees and voila! Sasha has drawn a person!!

Sasha has always loved to color and paint. Give her a pen and she'll scribble forever. This is how I keep her busy in the grocery store. Connor wants to read the packaging; Sasha wants to draw.

It's very cool to see her excelling at something. While Connor probably has about 100 words that he can read, there's no way he can draw something that accurate.

Plus, with it being drawing, I begin to get a little...how do I say it? Not prouder...I'm not sure how to describe it. But, with me and my art background, it's really neat to see one of my children showing a talent in something I love. Granted, she is only 2.5, I'm sure things can and will change; but hopefully you know what I mean.

Still working on getting those pictures from the vacation posted.
It'll happen. Promise!

No comments: