Some people would say that they do this because of their age, but I disagree.
Connor and Sasha have been fighting over toys since they were babies. Most parents don't know this is possible because they only have one child, at least one at a time. By the time Child #2 comes in the picture, Child #1 is about 2, 3, maybe 4 years old. Obviously s/he doesn't want the new sibling to take his/her toys. Sharing is a tough lesson to learn.
However, having multiples allows you to see things others don't.
I took these pictures when the kids were about 5 months old. I have a bunch of pictures like these. All taken when they were babies.
Here they are, hanging in their pack and play. Connor is playing with his beloved octopus. Sasha has a puppy. Connor loved this octopus. So much that when he stopped playing with it, I put it in his keepsake box.
You can see Sasha begin to eye up the octopus. Connor is minding his own business, just chomping away on his friend.
Hey, whatchya got?
Connor tugs back, trying to keep it in his mouth.
You know, this puppy is pretty cool. I'll trade ya.

No thanks. I really like my octopus.
Yeah, but I just want to see it.
This time, she tries a different approach. She ditches the puppy and goes in for the octopus with both hands. 
Um, no, really. I kinda want my octopus. Hey! Whatchya doin'?
I don't think so, sucker.
MOMMY! She stole my octopus!
Poor guy.
Mommy swoops in and saves the day by giving Connor the puppy to play with.
And all is well in the pack and play once more. 
See? Some things never change. The only difference is that now they can talk!


1 comment:
Hehe, what a cute post!
Post a Comment