Shoot. We have been busy!
In the past week we've had two birthday parties, Dustyn came into town, a family get together for my cousin's 30th birthday (that had us away from the house from 6am-10:30pm), met Kim at his work for lunch (which is also my previous place of employment, so we saw a ton of my old friends/coworkers), and some really nice weather.
Phew.
That was a long sentence.
I've been taking advantage of the nice weather by doing a ton of yard work. This is stuff I've been meaning to do for almost 6 years. I've dug up the grass around 2/3 of the deck and planted a bunch of things. I also have started digging up around the foundation of the house and planting hostas and stuff around there. It really makes a difference in the way the yard looks. I love it.
Hopefully I'll post pictures, but don't hold your breath.
Like I mentioned above, Dustyn is in town. The kids are soooo happy to see him and spend time with him. It is obvious they miss him when he's in California. Sasha doesn't want to go anywhere without him and she makes sure we don't leave until he's in the van with us. It is so sweet.
It's great to have him back home. It's a shame he leaves in a week.
Kim and I have casually been looking at houses further south of us. I'm pretty sure we won't be moving anytime soon, but it's nice to see what's out there and dream. We love our house and yard. We just don't love the location. We feel too far away from my side of the family and friends. We live no further than 15 minutes from both of his brothers and parents, yet we rarely see them. But my family/friends are no less than 1 hour away.
We originally moved here to stay closer to Dustyn. At the time, he was living with his mother. Little did we know that less than one year later he'd be living with us and switching high schools. So, I guess we could have moved anywhere we wanted if we had known that. But you know what they say about hind sight. And now that he lives in California, our options are pretty endless.
But the market is so bad right now, I'm not sure we'd get what we want for our house. And we never finished the project we started last year. We still have to finish the baseboards and trim around the windows. Then, we have to do all of the trim and windows upstairs. A BIG part of the project. I guess moving would really motivate us to finish.
Tomorrow Kim is taking the day off work so we can spend the day with the kids. All three of them. Although now that Dustyn is 20, almost 21, can we still call him a "kid"?
We need to figure out what to do.
In the meantime, I must get back to my super-exciting pile of laundry.
I can hear it calling my name.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment