And Connor and Sasha have yet to take a nap. As I sit here typing, Sasha is rubbing her eyes. I gave up trying to get them to sleep. There comes a time in every Mom's day/week/month/life when the best thing to do is just wave the white flag and say, "You win."
I'm not sure why neither of them would sleep. They've both been cranky all day. Neither one woke up at an absurd hour in the morning. But, Sasha's first fit started the moment I opened her bedroom door when she woke up.
Makes a Mama want to put Bailey's in her coffee...
They both went with me to the clinic to get my blood drawn for yet another test to find out what's making me sick. Right now, the doctors are guessing Celiac Disease. The esophagus biopsy showed signs of it.
Ever heard of Celiac's? It's a gluten, wheat, barley intolerance. If I do have this condition, it will answer why I have a lot of my ailments.
There is no cure for Celiac's. No medications to take. Just a major adjustment to your diet. Forever.
We'll see. I'll hear from my doctor with the test results in a few days.
In the meantime, I need to figure out how to entertain two cranky toddlers who haven't napped and are stuck indoors because it's raining outside.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You just described my afternoon last Friday. I was fighting a losing battle and I finally just caved. So we piled into the car and took a little drive up to Kenosha to the new Target. Thought they might sleep a little on the way. Nope! It did help to kill some time though.
Laughing Laughing Laughing! I'm going to quote you every where I can find... "Makes a Mama want to put Bailey's in her coffee..." too funny!
Diet adjustments are fun... "not". I know alot of people with things like Celiacs and IBS have benefitted from eliminating MSG from their diet too (it's everywhere my friend - we ALL eat it). check out these websites... www.msgmyth.com and www.tasteofbluesky.blogspot.com
Post a Comment