For years I called Dustyn, "Dustyn the Wonder Teen." Now that he's 20, turning 21 on Nov 30, I no longer call him that, but today the "wonder" part of it stands.
He had two wisdom teeth pulled this afternoon. Right now, he's sitting here playing golf on Wii with Kim. He came home, teeth in hand, and ate some leftover sweet and sour chicken from last night's dinner. With no problems. He's not even swollen!
He says he's not in much pain. He's smiling and laughing. I have yet to see him take an Advil.
Either I'm a big wimp or he's got the highest pain tolerance of anyone I know.
When I had my one and only wisdom tooth pulled, I was in so much pain I thought I was going to die. I remember pacing back and forth at the pharmacy, crying, waiting for them to fill my prescription of Vicoden.
Then, later that night, when my bleeding hadn't stopped or even slowed down, I had my Dr paged. He suggested I apply a wet tea bag on the site to stop the bleeding. Man was I miserable. I walked up and down the hallway in my parent's house, holding my cheek, crying.
Dustyn ate a full meal just hours after having TWO teeth pulled.
I have no idea how. But like I said, "wonder" definitely stands today.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment