Monday, June 8, 2009

Stickers and baseball

Last night, Sasha went to sleep and stayed asleep. She did not get out of bed. She did not put up a fight. We tucked her in and that was that.

Can I get a HALLELUJAH?!!

The sticker chart is working very well and it's only been two nights. I already have a happier little girl. I'm wondering if part of her fits were due to being overtired. We were stuck in a crazy circle and the answer was a sticker. Who woulda thunk it?

Awesome.

Tonight Kim and I are going to the White Sox game with some friends. I am very, very excited about a night out. Sure, I get to go out for the monthly Bunco game with my Mom's group. And I get together with some friends from high school about once a month. But it's very rare that Kim and I get to go out together. And if we do, we normally leave after the kids have gone to bed and come back a couple hours later.

Today, we are leaving at 3p for a 7p game. We probably won't get home until 11:30p. Now, THAT'S a date night.

It'll be interesting to see if there's anything gluten free that I can eat at the stadium. I'm bringing some munchies just in case.

Connor and Sasha are really excited that their babysitter, Stacy, is coming over to play with them. They love Stacy. It took me such a long time to find someone I felt would do a good job taking care of them. Someone that wasn't family or a close friend.

She is one of Dustyn's good friends. They've known each other for years. I've always felt she was a very good egg. Very grounded. Her sense of humor is priceless. She's reliable. And, most importantly, the kids love her and she loves being with them.

Tonight is the first time she'll be giving them dinner and putting them to bed. I have faith that things will go smoothly. Connor and Sasha are at the age where they can pretty much tell her their routine and what they want. Much easier than when they were infants. Oy.

We had some crazy storms last night and it's supposed to rain today. I just hope the rain passes and it's clear enough for the game. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Valerie23 said...

Enjoy your evening out! You deserve it!