My colonoscopy went well. Now we're waiting for the biopsy results to see if there's anything else going on. I should hear something next week.
In the meantime, I am to follow a gluten free diet for a month. If I feel better, then that's most likely the solution to my problems. My doctor said that even though my blood test was negative for Celiac, the biopsy was positive. His opinion is that the blood test is worthless. Why he made me get one in the first place makes no sense to me.
Whatever.
So I guess I have Celiac Disease. Kinda.
In other news...
Tonight we are starting something new with Miss Sasha's bedtime routine.
Lately she has been using every excuse in the book to delay bedtime and naptime. And when we don't comply with her requests/demands, she throws a major fit.
Major.
Which makes it really hard to stand our ground and not give in. Especially when she pulls this stuff at 12:30a or earlier.
Or would that be later? I dunno. Either way, it's annoying and frustrating.
Last night, we put them to bed at 7:30p and she didn't fall asleep until 9:45p. Then she woke at 12:30a demanding a glass of milk.
*sigh*
So, tonight I created a sticker chart for her. I figured the sticker-thing worked well for potty training. Might as well give it a try for this, too.
Before we tuck her into bed, she picks out a sticker and places it on the chart. If she stays in bed and goes to sleep she gets to keep the sticker. This means, she cannot call for us, throw a fit, knock on the door, etc, etc. If she does, the sticker gets taken away.
If she gets five stickers, she gets to go pick out a toy. She's decided that an Iron Man temporary tattoo will be just as good.
Five minutes after I tucked her in and reminded her, once again, of the new "rules" she was knocking on the door. As usual, she didn't want anything. She just looked at me with a blank stare. I started peeling off her sticker and she threw a major fit.
I tucked her back in bed and reminded her, once again, of the new "rules". She's been quiet ever since.
Man, I hope this sticker thing works! Fingers crossed, everyone!
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment