After 4 days of rain, the skies finally cleared. The sun was shining all day, without a cloud in sight. It was a bit chilly, about 64F, but for the end of August in Chicago I'm not complaining. No way. I have always assumed that their birthday parties would be hot and humid.
That's what I get for underestimating Mother Nature.
We had a house full of friends and family. They showered our children with hugs, kisses, love and many generous gifts.
After parties like this are over, the laughter has died down, things are getting cleaned up and everyone has gone home, I always get filled with many emotions.
I start thinking about how thankful I am to have the life I do. To have healthy children and a loving husband. To have a beautiful home with a beautiful yard on a quiet street. To have plenty of food to eat and a warm bed to sleep in.
To have family and friends that take time out of their day to come be with us while we celebrate our children's lives. They love us and it shows.
At dinner, I told Kim and I was so happy to see each person as they arrived. Whenever someone walked through the door, a huge smile came on my face. I was genuinely happy to see them. It meant a lot to me.
And I'm sure if I told them that they'd say, "It was no big deal. Of course we'd come!" But I never take things like these for granted. These people don't have to come. They want to come. And I do appreciate it.
I love having a house full of love and laughter. I want to raise Connor and Sasha in a loving home. Where laughter is the norm and tears are few and far between. Where they feel safe, loved, and happy. That is what we had today. And I love it.
Have you ever felt complete? Like things couldn't get much better? It brings tears to my eyes, just thinking about how blessed we are.
Life is wonderful.
More birthday party pics and stories to come this week.


4 comments:
Sweet post! Can't wait to see more pics.
When I first saw the first picture on this post, I thought "wow that #3 balloon is like as big as their house!" Just the angle...
I feel horrible that I couldn't make it but please know that I truly wished I could have been there for you. Your entry was great. I know you love being a mother to these two kids and you are such a great one at that. I am sure your party was amazing and it's awesome to read how much you appreciate the gift of these children in your life as well as the friends and family in your life who love you all.
Wow, 3 already? Amazing and what a beautiful post about how much you love your life. Happy Birthday, Connor and Sasha!
Awwww ... great post, L!!
I can't wait to see pics!!!
And I want a post or two about preschool, too!!!!
Post a Comment