Sorry for being gone for so long. We've been really busy and I haven't made the time to post. Let's see if I can catch you up on everything.
Well, at least most of it.
Almost two weekends ago, Kim and I held our first garage sale. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it. If I had known we were sitting on a gold mine, we would have had one a lot sooner. But, then again, a lot of the things we sold were children's items. So, it probably wouldn't have had been as successful if we had done it years ago.
We made about $970. Hello!
It feels so good to get rid of all that stuff. And I mean All. That. Stuff!!
Most of it was stored (shoved) in our basement and it was really weighing us down. I seriously feel lighter. It's a great feeling.
Then, last weekend, Kim's friend Bryan came into town and stayed with us. So, we were busy with all of that stuff.
I joined the board of directors at the kids' preschool. I am the secretary. I fit really well in this role because I was a secretary for 8 years before I had the twins.
Speaking of preschool, Connor and Sasha's first day of school is on their birthday 9/2.
We are having their birthday party this Sunday. They are going to be three. I can go into this whole thing about how I can't believe my babies are three. Boy, does the time go by fast. Blah, blah, blah. But, in all honesty, I don't feel like that. They act like three year olds. I can believe they are three.
Yes, time goes by quickly. But, lemme tell ya, things are getting better and better with them. Sure, they throw major Toddler tantrums. Yes, it gets frustrating when they want to do what THEY want to do and nothing else. There are times when I want to start drinking alcohol before I even have breakfast.
But, overall, things are easier. Better. More fun. And I have no desire to hang on to their babyhood. (Is that even a word?)
It was tough when they were babies. We rarely went out. They had colic. The schedule was so tight, we didn't have much time to do much out of the house. We had to bring practically everything but the kitchen sink when going somewhere for the better part of the day. Two-four bottles, water, formula, baby food, spoons, bibs, extra clothes, blankets, lovies, diapers, wipes, changing pad, and many other things I'm sure I'm forgetting.
And lugging that double stroller with! Oy. That thing weighed a ton!
Now, they are potty trained. They can drink out of a cup w/out spilling all over the place (for the most part), so I don't have to bring their cups with us when we go out. They can eat with a regular sized fork, on "real" plates, not plastic, so I don't have to bring any of that with, either.
They don't need to be entertained every second of the day, so I don't have to lug toys with me (for the most part). Anything I need can be chucked in my purse and off we go.
So, yes, I can believe my kids are going to be three. I love it!!! And it's been a long road to get to this point. We're going to celebrate it!
More to come this week.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
THREE! Wow, went by fast for me!! Have a great birthday celebration and send off to school. Yay!
Post a Comment