Saturday, August 1, 2009

The reunion

Finally, a week after the event, I am posting the pictures from the reunion.

This is such a cheese-o smile. This is what Connor does when I make him smile for the camera. Normally he's in the middle of something important. This time it was eating with Grandma.

I think my red-eye reduction on the camera made this picture a bit creepier than it should be. I mean, look at her eyes!

Now, this is a real Connor smile. Here he is with my Mother-in-law, Rachel.

Sasha loves her Paw Paw. This is my Father-in-law, Bob.

Doesn't she look like she's up to no good? Sneaky little Beans.

Poor Kim was trying to catch up with some cousins while Sasha pulled his arm.
Come pllaaaaaay with me, Daddy!!

Here is Bob with his brothers and sister. Bob is on the far right.

And now with the spouses.

Alright kiddos! Everyone line up for the pinata!
Can you spot my children? Or, more specifically, Connor?

Yes, that's right. He's the one and only child that decided to use his candy bag as a party hat.

Here's Sasha showing off her goods. Including a watch! And a Swatch watch, at that!
She has been talking about getting a watch for months. I was very happy to see she got one in her loot, even though it's about 20 years old and doesn't have a battery.

Whatever. It still cool when you're two.

After all the eating, playing and bashing of the pinata, it was time to go swimming!

Connor and Sasha had never been in a pool before. And I was pretty nervous about the whole thing. But, I knew it had to be done. I think they're the only children I know that haven't been in a "big pool" yet.

My friend blogged about these Stearn's Puddle Jumpers she bought for her triplets. She loved them much better than the typical life vests or floaties. Then, another friend bought them for her triplets and she raved about them, too.

I figured two friends with six toddlers between them (all under three years old) must know what they're talking about, so I bought them. I shopped around and ended up getting them at WalMart for $15 each.

Here the kids are showing them off.

And, yes, my friends were right. The Puddle Jumpers are great. Thanks Laney and Jessica!

We had a great day at the reunion and it was a lot of fun to swim with the kids. Once they got over the initial chill of the water, they quickly became little fish.

They LOVED it!

Well, until we had to go, that is. Then Sasha had the ultimate meltdown. Day Two of no nap was getting to her. She didn't want to leave the pool and she was letting me know it.

In typical Toddler fashion.
Gotta love it.

1 comment:

Laney said...

I love all your pics! I'm jealous of the duck and shark puddle jumpers you found. I checked Wal-Mart but they didn't have any at all! And couldn't find those cute ones online anywhere. Lucky you!