Print off new sheets for their Guess Who? game!
I am MAKING them rest. They need to get better. Luckily, after being forced on total lock-down yesterday, including a nap, they seem to be on the upswing. No fevers this morning. Oh, and the nagging, painful-sounding coughs are nearly gone.
'Bout damn time.
- - - - - - - -
This week, I went to see two plastic surgeons for my nose surgery.
Dr. L was awful. He talked to Kim the entire time, not me. Like I was a child and Kim was my dad. In fact, he talked the whole two hours we were there. About useless stuff that had nothing to do with my nose, my surgery or whatever. I was absolutely exhausted by the time we left. And, never once did he ask me if I had any questions.
Buh bye Dr. L.
Dr. D was amazing. Well, his staff was. Unfortunately, I haven't met Dr. D yet. I couldn't get in to meet him until 4/11, when we will be in California. So, I made the appointment with his Surgical Assistant and the Patient Coordinator. I figured this would at least give me some idea of how his office works, how much it would cost, etc.
The appointment was awesome. Kim and I both love it there. Dr. D is one of the best facial plastic surgeons in the country and one of the two best in Chicago. While most plastic surgeons do about 12 rhinoplasty's a year, he does over 200.
I made an appointment to meet with Dr. D himself next Wednesday. And, if I didn't have one more consult with another doctor, I would book my surgery with Dr. D. Hands down. We loved it there.
But, I do have another appointment. And I want to make sure I exhaust every single avenue before selecting who to go to.
Dr. T is the other top facial plastic surgeon in Chicago, and one of the best in the country. While he is an amazing surgeon and I believe he would do a great job, I've learned that his style and personality are completely different than Dr. D's.
My dilemma is that I want to have the surgery sooner rather than later. I do not want to wait until July. Fortunately, Dr. D's office has an opening on Sat, 5/19. I told her I was hesitant to book anything since I hadn't talked to Dr. T. She completely understood and said she suggests I go talk to Dr. T for peace of mind. But, I don't meet with Dr. T until 4/3. If I wait to book anything until then, I would be looking at July.
So, she blocked off 5/19 for me, knowing I will either confirm or cancel after I meet with Dr. T.
It's all so stressful and gives me a lot of anxiety. Having to trust another doctor to do what I thought I had fixed once before is difficult. But, these guys know what they're doing. They aren't rinky dink doctors. They are two of the best in the country.
It really sucks that I've been put in this position. To dish out (a LOT) more money to fix my nose. But, all I can do is move forward and think positively. Dwelling on the past will get me nowhere. Like one of my favorite quotes says:
"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."
There is too much good around me to focus on "poor Lauren has to go thru another surgery." I'll get thru it. Just a bump in the road, people.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Remember to stop and focus on the good.
Because, no matter how bad your day, week, month is going, you can always find something to make you smile.


No comments:
Post a Comment