Sunday, July 19, 2009

Daggummit

I totally thought Sasha was better today. She was running around, playing like her old self. It was great. I was able to get some housework done. She was playing with Connor instead of sitting on the couch like a lump of boogers.

Then she took a nap.

And when she woke up, things got worse.

*sigh* Her fever is back and she is all mopey again. Last I checked, it was at 101.2. Yesterday it was at 103.2.

Freakin' cold.

I'm pretty sure I have to take her to the doctor tomorrow morning. Can I just tell you how MUCH I love going to sick call on Monday mornings? (can you feel the sarcasm in my words?)
Everyone takes their ill child in from whatever bug they got over the weekend. I swear I feel like I need to wear a mask and rubber gloves.

Ug.

Plus, the wait is longer than the men's restroom at a football game.

We are going out of town this weekend for a family reunion. It's a 6 hour drive. If she's not better, we won't be able to go. So, I pretty much have to take her in. If she needs medicine, she needs it now.

However, for the time being, I'm cracking open the Cabernet and having a glass...or two. It's been a crazy week with two very sick children.

Here's to parenting.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Valerie23 said...

Shoot! Have the whole dang bottle! You deserve it girl!