We're back home from the family reunion.
Phew. It was a great trip. The kids...
What? What's that? You didn't know we were going away for the weekend?
Yeah, I'm sorry, I don't think I ever mentioned it.
Well, we went down-state for a family reunion. On Kim's side of the family. My family is either in the Chicago area or in England. Kim's the one with the hillbillies.
We left Friday morning, drove 5-6 hours, stayed for two nights, then headed back home today. After three days of no naps, poor nighttime sleeping and two long car rides, the kids are beat. And cranky, emotional, temperamental and (I hate to admit it) a bit irritating. I look forward to getting my children back when they aren't sleep deprived. They were in bed at 6:20pm tonight and asleep within 10 minutes.
I'll post pictures and write more about our trip during the week. But, for now, I have to share this story before I forget it.
On our way home, we stopped at Arby's for lunch. We rarely eat at Arby's. In fact, I think the last time I had Arby's was when I was pregnant. I will never forget that day.
We were coming back from crib shopping and stopped for lunch. I had two beef and cheddar's. Two. And fries. And I could have easily eaten more. Oh, those beef and cheddar's tasted soooo good.
I'm sure that had nothing to do with the 90lbs I gained during my pregnancy.
Anyway, back to my story...
We were sitting in a booth and Connor was next to me. He was kicking his legs against the bottom of the booth and it was rather annoying. I asked him to stop.
Connor, please stop kicking your legs.
But, I'm not kicking my legs.
Yes you are. And stop it, please.
But, I'm not kicking. It's just that my legs are dancing.
I sooooo love Toddler mentality sometimes!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
This does not bode well for my upcoming trip to Texas....
I love Connor's "dancing legs!" That totally sounds like Sam logic!
Post a Comment