Less than a year ago, Deana was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called Burkitt Lymphoma.
The chances she was given were 70% for cure and 90% chance that she can live with the cancer in remission.
This woman fought with every cell in her body to stay alive. To LIVE for her children, husband, family, friends. She was caring, selfless, funny, and kind. She had so much life left in her.
And yet, this damn disease has taken it away. Gone. Forever.
I can't help but think about these little boys.
They have lost their mommy. She won't be there to tuck them in at night. To wipe their tears. To sing songs or read books to them. To tickle them and hug them and cover them with kisses.
And I think about Jack, her husband. The weight of the world must be on his shoulders right now. To have lost the love of your life, mother of your children, after SO MUCH FIGHTING. How do you even begin again? How do you tell these beautiful boys that Mommy isn't coming back home?
*sigh*
I get choked up just thinking about it.
And I'll eventually post pics and stories from our trip. Maybe later this week. We'll see.
In the meantime, please go hug someone you love. Hug them tightly.
Because tomorrow is never a promise.


1 comment:
I will be praying for everyone! She must have been so brave. You are also in my thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment