Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Daddy & Daughter Dance

Thankfully, Kim was able to make it home Saturday to take Sasha to the dance. She was so excited, she couldn't even think straight.

While I was doing her hair & nails and getting her dressed, I had visions of future Homecomings, Turnabouts and Proms. I got a little sad, knowing those days are going to be here before I know it. When she will be all boy-crazy. When her love for her father, while it will still be there, will go to the back burner and her attention will be on her latest crush.

But, for now, it's all about Daddy.

That's why I think dances like these are so special. It gives us a chance to make the most of the time our children completely and absolutely adore us. They want nothing more than to spend time with US.
Kim surprised her with a pink rose corsage, which I thought was really sweet. She loved it.

Believe it or not, I did put tons of curls in her hair. I'm not sure why I bother, though. They never stay put. I guess I could use hairspray, but for some reason doing that makes me feel like one of the moms in Toddlers & Tiaras.
Connor was so excited for his sister. Never once did he complain or pout about all the attention she was getting with the pictures, new dress, flowers, etc. Or that the fact that she was going to the dance and he wasn't. I was really impressed.
I gave Kim the camera so he could take some pictures at the dance, but it was acting up and this is the only picture he was able to take. However, based on the smile on her face, I'd say it was a pretty good one to get.

They had a dinner of chicken, pasta, green beans and cookies. He texted me while they were there and said:

She is definitely your daughter!! DANCES TO HER OWN BEAT!

Anyone that knows me, knows I love to dance. I'll dance even if nobody is on the dance floor, if I want to. I dance in the kitchen. I dance in the bedroom. I even try to dance while I'm running, if the song is good enough. I could care less how I look to others because I'm having FUN. Looks like Sasha was doing the same thing. Love it!

I'll post pics from my night with Connor later on. We had a great dinner out, followed by a night of games and cuddles.

Oh, an update on Kim's dad:
He is still in the hospital, stable and healing. He is supposed to be released tomorrow and transferred to the rehab facility for at least a week. Luckily, the rehab place is much closer than the hospital, so it won't be such a pain. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: