Friday, February 10, 2012

Doctors and stuff

It's snowing.

Big, puffy flakes. Slowly falling down.

It's kinda pretty.

I can say that because it's almost the middle of February, which means we are now closer to the end of Winter than the beginning. Joy!

My hands have been bothering me a lot lately, lots of swelling and pain, so I went to the doctor. After some tests and bloodwork, she thinks I have Carpal Tunnel. I'm to wear these wrist stabilizers on both hands and go back in 6 weeks.

I look like an idiot with these things on.

Actually, I'm hoping I just feel like I look like an idiot and don't truly look like one. Don't tell me if I'm wrong.

Maybe someone will think I'm some kinda athlete that got injured during a game. (On both wrists?) Maybe. Sadly, the truth is I'm a Stay At Home Mom who is rarely on the computer, doesn't have any hobbies like painting or carpentry and somehow got Carpal Tunnel in BOTH wrists.

What the frack.

Doc said my sleeping position could have something to do with it. Since my nose surgery was (extremely!!) unsuccessful, I do have to position my hands to help open my airway when I lay in bed. Otherwise, I have to sleep with my mouth open and I hate that feeling. Mouth breathing. Ugh.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Carpal Tunnel is a result of the shitty surgery. So many other things have bothered me since then, emotionally and physically. I truly regret going to that surgeon and trusting him to actually do his job and do it well.

I cannot breathe any better than before. Honestly, it is worse. And I really don't like the way it looks. Makes me sick just thinking about the whole thing. I feel like an idiot for picking that doctor and going thru with it.

I need to find another plastic surgeon that will fix my problems. I'm going to start making appointments and hopefully will find one that will do a good job.

Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Angela said...

If it helps, Dr. Terrasse in Lake Forest did a classmate/friend's nose for breathing issues. She said he wasn't her first choice surgeon because he doesn't have the warmest bedside manner, but her first choice was WAY too expensive. She said the difference has been amazing and she can finally breath with having to breath through her mouth. As a side note, Dr. Terrasse is the same surgeon who clipped Noah's tongue-tie when he was a week old and I thought he was nice.