Thursday, September 4, 2008

Are you ready for some football?!

Wooo hooo!!
Football is back! The season-opener is tonight when the Redskins play the Giants. I cannot wait. The kids and I are wearing our Bears sweatshirts today. We'll be ready for kick-off.

We live for football in this house. Kim and I scheduled our wedding around the Bears schedule, making sure it was on a weekend they played away.

We even have a sign near the kitchen that says:
"We interrupt this family...for football season."

It has been chilly and raining all day. The weather and the start of football make the perfect combo for just one thing for dinner:

Chili and corn bread. And beer. Can't forget the brew.
Yum.

With football season comes fantasy football teams. This year, I am in two leagues. Kim is in three. You should see this place on football Sunday (and Monday, and Thursday, and...). Laptops fired up, checking scores throughout the day. It's crazy. Crazy fun, that is!!

The kids know when to say "Touchdown" and put their arms up in the air and get all excited. Connor will say, "Go Bears" when he sees the Bears logo. Awesome brainwashing on our part.

he he

Go Bears!!

No comments: