Tuesday, September 16, 2008

These kids are crazy.

But I love every inch of them.

Today, I had a doctor appointment. I had no choice but to bring the kids. I guess it's part of being a SAHM. Well, that and I don't have anyone to watch them during the day. The dogs just don't cut it. They ask for way too much money.

In the past, I've brought the kids in the stroller. But, this tends to be more of a pain than a convenience. Doorways are small. Waiting rooms are crowded. Neither one of my double strollers navigates easily in a dr's office. So, today I threw caution to the wind and we all walked in.

They did pretty well while we were waiting. Connor made a friend and started reciting his alphabet. Sasha kept counting to ten.
And, in the exam room, I did what any other sane Mother would do - I bribed them with food to keep them quiet so I could focus. This worked well until Sasha didn't want to share the chair they were sitting on. (Why the room only had ONE chair, I'll never know. I can't be the only person w/two children!) Then the screaming started. Good times.

Now, normally, when we leave a building, Connor and Sasha stay by me. Today, I guess they just felt the need to be free. Who knows. Connor darted out the front door and straight into the street. I yelled "STOP!" at the top of my lungs and luckily he turned around. As I'm doing this, Sasha is running away from me, laughing. By the time I realized she wasn't going to turn around no matter how much I asked her to, she was really far away. Luckily she was still on the sidewalk and not in the parking lot.

There was no chance in hell I was going to catch her while carrying a 33lb toddler and the 10+lb diaper bag. So, I told Connor to, "Stay here and watch the bag." Thank goodness he obeyed! He stood still while I RAN after Sasha. She thought it was hilarious. I was irritated. And out of breath. Man, I need to start working out.

Having two year old twins definitely has its challenges, like those mentioned above. But, when it comes down to it, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

I mean, check out these kids! Looking at them do stuff like this makes all the stressful moments disappear. They're crazy! I love it!

Oh, and just for the record, I didn't put the tutu on Connor. He did that all by himself. Kim sure is proud.

1 comment:

Valerie23 said...

Oh my gosh! That is freaking hilarious watching Sasha shake her booty, and to a Michael Jackson song nonetheless! Hilarious!