All day, I've been thinking about what I'm going to post today. I've got nothin'.
It's not that we're not busy. It's not that we don't have things going on. I guess it's just not Post Worthy, that's all. But, I know I need to post something. Even my sister-in-law told me she was really getting into the blog when - WHAM! - I didn't post for 2 days in a row or something. So, I'm going to do my best to post. Every. Single. Day.
No matter what the topic.
So, Ellen, this one's for you. Hope it makes your day.
First, an update on Lexi the Brainless Wonder Dog. So far, so good. She has pooped at least once that we know of and has stopped throwing up. I really hope we have found a solution.
Second, our roof is leaking. Sweet!! Our 6 year old roof is leaking into our office upstairs. We have called two roofers for estimates and both have blown us off. One of them finally called me and wanted to schedule the estimate for next Tuesday. I said, "Sure, why not. Let's just hope it doesn't rain before then. Right, Randy-or-whatever-your-name-is?"
I'm watching the weather forecast right now. Cross your fingers.
Today we met Kim's parents, his brother and our sister-in-law (yup, the blog-addicted Ellen) at a local restaurant for lunch to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday. The kids did pretty well. They love eating out. They LOVE seeing their Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Ellen and Uncle Dave.
It's so cool to see them getting excited to see people that are excited to see them. When they were infants, they went through a typical stage of stranger anxiety. They cried for practically everyone but Kim and me. But, now they remember people and put their names to their faces. And they get excited to see them. It's great.
Oh! I haven't posted an update on the Nap Fiasco!!
Thursday morning, or was it Friday?, Kim walked into the kids' room to find Connor sitting on top of the dresser.
On top of the dresser!! How on earth did he get up there? And why does he think it's ok to do?!
At naptime the same day, he did the same dresser stunt. When I walked in and saw him up there, I quietly blew a gasket. I put him in his bed and said, "Plan B!!" and went downstairs to get the pack and play.
I did NOT want to do this, but I was tired of dealing with it all. And I know they were tired because they weren't napping normally at all. Plus, could you imagine if he had fallen off the dresser? Oh geez.
So, I dusted off the pack and play and set it up in the guest room (a.k.a. Dustyn's old room). He went straight to sleep. Sasha was the one that protested it. I'm not sure if she didn't want him away from her or if she just didn't want the party to end. I'm guessing it's the latter.
Within 5 minutes they were sleeping. Eureka!!
Tonight, Kim and I installed room darkening curtains in their room. Hopefully this will keep them sleeping a bit longer in the morning and help at naptime. I cannot keep waking up at 6am. No way. There's not enough coffee to help me through that.
Ok, Ellen. I think that should help you get your fix. Sorry it's not exciting material, but it's all I got, girl. Love ya!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ah... what I wouldn't give for a 6am wake up! 4am this morning is just too darn early.
Post a Comment