Friday, September 19, 2008

My weekend away

Last weekend, a few of my friends came into town to visit me. These are some of my closest friends, even though we had never met in person before this trip.

I had the hardest time explaining this trip to people. When I said, "I met them online. We have never actually met in person before." I could tell they thought I was crazy. I think Kim even thought I was a tiny bit crazy. But, I knew it would be a blast. And it was.

They came from the East Coast, Idaho and Kansas City. I have shared more with these women than I have with most people in my life and vice versa. There are many, many women in this online community. But, this little group of ours went through the struggles of infertility and all got pregnant around the same time. We supported each other through the newborn stage, sleepless nights and colic. We celebrated all of our children's milestones like crawling, cooing, and walking. We talk to each other practically every day through the message boards.

I am certain I would not have survived infertility without them. And I definitely am a more balanced Mother because of them.

Here are some pictures from our wonderful weekend:


We ate a lot!

We drank...a lot! Well, some of us did, that is. I stayed sober the entire weekend. There is water in that shotglass I'm holding.

And, we definitely laughed a lot. In fact, I can't remember the last time I laughed so much for four days in a row. It was great.
I love you, girls! Thanks for coming out to see the cornfields in Wisconsin/Illinois. I can't wait for our next trip!

No comments: