It's a chilly, rainy, typical Fall day today. The type of weather that makes you want to snuggle down under a blanket and watch tv. So, that's what we've been doing most of the day.
But, unlike me, Connor and Sasha cannot chill out all day. They're busy little people. They needed something to do. So, I decided we would bake.
I have been in such a baking mood lately. Something about Fall and the weather does it to me. It goes along with eating heartier foods in the cooler months. Gotta do it.
I found a recipe for apple streusel muffins. Easy. Simple. Tasty. Yum.
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,194,158191-225205,00.html
The kids pushed the kitchen chairs up to the counter and were very excited to help. I would measure the ingredients and have them take turns pouring them into the mixing bowl. They loved it.
Sasha has helped me make cakes/cupcakes before. We have discussed how those kind of things get bigger as they cook in the oven.
So, when I asked her, "What do things do when they cook in the oven, Sasha?"
She said,"Uhhhh...(thinking for a moment)...Beeega! An beeeega!! An beeeega!!"
While she's saying this, she makes these cute hand jestures like something expanding. Her hands go up and out further each time she says, "Beeega!" until she's reaching in the sky.
I've got to get it on video. It's the cutest thing.
But, now Sasha thinks that everything in the oven gets bigger when it's cooked. Pizza, chicken, potatoes, you name it. It all gets beeega.
That girl cracks me up.
For lunch, we had grilled cheese and tomato soup. Another chilly weather staple. At least in this house, it is. Especially if it's raining.
Anyway, I've been giving the kids more and more soup lately. They've been getting a lot better with their spoons and don't spill nearly as much as they used to. I honestly thought tomato soup would be a disaster, but they did really well.
I taught them how to dunk their sandwiches in the soup. And they devoured everything. Yea!
Quick update on Lexi: She seems to be back to normal. I think we're in the clear. She's pooping and hasn't thrown up since Friday. Phew. Thanks for all of your kind thoughts, everyone.
Oh, and by the way, in case you were wondering, the muffins turned out well. Not exactly as I pictured, but very tasty. I would try them if you have the ingredients!
Have a great week!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment