Monday, September 15, 2008

Connor & Sasha's Birthday Party

Now that things have calmed down a bit and I'm back from a weekend away with some friends, I have time to post pictures from Connor and Sasha's birthday party on 9/6.

I still cannot believe they are two years old!


The Birthday Boy, playing with his friends and cousin. Looks like he's about to do something sneaky and just got busted.

The Birthday Girl, workin' the party.

Instead of a cake, I made ice cream cone cupcakes. They were so easy to make and everyone liked them. Well, I think they liked them. That's what they said, at least.

Here, we're singing "Happy Birthday" to the kids. Connor's eyes got really big and he just stared at everyone. It was so cute.

All he really wanted to do was eat his cupcake.

Since Dustyn wasn't able to be there, we talked to him through Skype (webcam). He was really missed, but I'm glad we were able to see him online. Behind me, you can see Connor and Sasha playing with their gift from Dustyn - a keyboard! The kids love it and it's great because it's something they'll grow into and not grow out of quickly.

Thanks Dustyn. We love you and missed you.

Instead of giving gifts, we asked some family members to contribute to the swingset we wanted to buy the kids. Kim found this $2,000 set for $500!!! It's like having a little playground in our backyard. Awesome. Connor and Sasha love it!

Thanks to everyone that helped put it together. It was A LOT of work and we wouldn't have been able to do it w/out your help! I know it probably looks like we just invited you over to put that darn thing together, but it's totally not the case. Well, kinda. (kidding!)

Here they are, testing out the swings for the first time. Two very tired, but very happy kiddos.

We had great weather for the party, mid-70's. Much better than the hot weather we had last year! Connor and Sasha did really, really well for not having a nap all day. They loved playing with their friends and cousin. And eating all the crackers, chips and junk food their little hearts desired. Cause Mom never lets them do that normally!

It was a great party. Thanks to everyone that came!

1 comment:

Toni C. said...

happy birthday sweetie pies! that swingset rocks!